Working in collaboration with Redwood High School, the Foundation raises funds to provide critical resources that make our school exceptional and benefit ALL Redwood students. The RHSF Allocation committee reviews grant proposals from Redwood faculty, administrators, staff, and students in the fall and spring. Grant requests seek support for projects related to academics, student activities, art, athletics, and campus improvements. Previous Foundation grants have included funding for guest speakers, instructional materials, classroom furniture, technology upgrades and departmental program support. Last school year, RHSF funded over 60 grants across all areas of Redwood! Click here to view more specific examples.
Grant Review Process
- Grant requestors whose proposals meet the Foundation’s guidelines will be asked to make a brief presentation to the committee.
- Each grant will be reviewed based on its individual merit.
- There are no minimum or maximum dollar limits in the funding of grants.
- Partial funding of any grant is at the discretion of the committee.
- The Foundation Allocation Committee always strives to grant requests when it is able, but on some occasions, a request will have to be delayed or denied.
Prior to Submitting a Grant Application
- Carefully consider which projects would have the greatest benefit for the Redwood community.
- Prepare budget information to include in the application. All expenditures should be clear and the total amount must include shipping, handling and sales tax.
- Explore availability of funds from other sources.
- For any classroom or departmental grant requests, get pre-approval from the department head.
- For any technology grant requests, get pre-approval from the IT department.
- For any grant requests that physically impact the common areas of campus, get pre-approval from Saum Zargar.
The Fall Grant Application is OPEN:
All applications must be submitted via the Google Form.
Key Dates for the Fall 2023 Grant Cycle
- August 31: Application is open
- September 21: Applications are DUE BY 8PM
- October 4: Grant requesters will be notified on or before this date if their grant has met the guidelines and if they will need to present to the Allocations Committee
- October 11 and 18: Allocations Committee Meetings from 5:30pm – 8:00pm
- November 8: Grant requesters will be notified on or before this date with the results of their application
Missed the Fall deadline? The Spring Grant Application will open on January 24, 2024!